International & Cross-disciplinary Conference of the SmartCitGov Society
Vienna, 03,04 and 05 October 2019
Towards Citizen-Centred Smart Cities and Communities: Societal and Governance Challenges
The SmartCitGov Society is holding in Vienna an international and cross-disciplinary Conference on the Societal and Governance challenges arisen from the Citizen-Centered Smart Cities and Communities, from 03 to 05 October 2019. Conference Venue is Tivoligasse 73a, 1120 Wien, Austria, Vienna – Austria.
This academic conference is designed as a cross-disciplinary deliberation forum and gathers academics, ecosystem innovators form private and public sectors, NGOs and experts from various backgrounds. The conference is inter-, multi- and transdisciplinary and aims to provide us with an opportunity to discuss significant challenges facing the urban live of the 21st Century. Within the sessions, panels, poster presentations and social spaces of the conference, participants are going to find many opportunities to share their contributions, strength their networks and promote synergies among diverse stakeholders.
The Conference is supported by
- Grupo de Investigación Multilevel Governance
- Federal Ministry Digital and Economic Affairs
Submissions that share experiences, case studies, reflections and strategies from cities all over the world are encouraged. The following is a list of suggested subtopics or questions. By no means is it an exhaustive one and we welcome novel contributions on the subject matter. The conference is designed as an academic and deliberative forum on the trends and challenges, as well as case studies in Smart cities and communities.
- Smart Cities with and for Citizens
- Trends in Architectures, Technologies and Infrastructures for Smart Cities
- Redefining urban water and energy management
- Urban mobility and sustainability
- Open city projects, Citizen-Centered Platforms, Living Labs
- Efficient Communication
- Smart Education and Economic Competitiveness
- Big Data
- Smart Living, Health and Wellbeing
- Citizen-Centered Architectures and Infrastructures
- Security Challenges faced by Smart Cities
- Consumer Empowerment in Smart Cities
Call for panels, oral presentations and poster contributions
Interested participants are encouraged to submit their proposal to Conference Organizers including the following information:
- Tittle of the proposed work
- Category (panel, oral presentation, poster)
- Conference subtopic related to the proposal
- For panels: brief description of the panel and goal to be achieved (1 page), as well as contact information of the organizer/s, and potential panelists (3-5) with their affiliations and brief bios.
- For oral and poster presentations: abstract not exceeding 2500 keystrokes including title, authors and corresponding address.
Panel descriptions and abstracts must be written in English. Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the authors.
All proposal and abstracts will be peer-reviewed by an international scientific and cross-disciplinary committee.
Corresponding authors will be electronically notified of the outcome of their submission no later than 15th July 2019.
If the presenting author does not register in time(1stJuly 2019), the contribution will be removed from the program.
Registered participants in panels and registered authors of accepted abstracts will be encouraged to submit an extended paper before 1stJuly 2019. Texts accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in a monograph work.
Submission deadline for panel proposals and oral and poster presentations is 10th June 2019 in PDF format. Abstract submission address is: email@example.com
Registration process and fees
Registration fees includes participation in the conference, publication of the contributions accepted by the scientific committee, access to the exhibition areas, conference pack and coffee-breaks.
Early Bird Registration
(Before July 30th)
(after August 1st, 2019)
|Student Helpers (**)||FREE||—||—|
- In order to qualify for the student fee, students need to supply an official statement from their university/ research institution that certifies that they are registered as students.
- There are some positions available for “Student Helpers” at the conference, where the registration fee will be waived. Those places are to be given out on a first come, first serve basis.
- Exhibitor Fee includes all concepts mentioned for the registration fee for two participates, as well as an exhibit space (1 table and 2 chairs; possibility to place own banner/s behind)
- Deadline for cancellation of registrationis 1st September 2019, but later than then and more than 30 days before the event cancellations may be eligible for a 50% refund of the fee paid. Registration cancelled less than 30 days before the event are no longer eligible for a refund.
Get In Touch
Vienna – Austria
(+43 ) 650 6226819